Forum
  • Register
[BBF]hisgun : Crimson Ghost is the Admin. of BBF Discord. If another BBF Officer needs rights on Discord let myself or Crimson know, Crimson should be the only one (and me) with full Admin rights.
06/20/2019 - 19:43
[BBF]hisgun : June Roll Call is posted. Please click "Read More" on the Announcement at the top of every forum. Then on the Roll Call Announcement click on the RED link and post the game(s) you play. Thanks.
05/31/2019 - 04:21
[BBF]Crimson Ghost : WOW Classic Servers are back in Aug...!!!
05/27/2019 - 18:46
[BBF]Neko_Jesus : Haven't talked to most of y'all for a hot minute, hmu sometimes bois i'm always open to play somethin. been mostly playing Siege and Division 2 recently
05/06/2019 - 13:36 1
[BBF]hisgun : May Roll Call is posted. Please click "Read More" on the Announcement at the top of every forum. Then on the Roll Call Announcement click on the Red link to post your game(s) Thanks.
05/01/2019 - 15:47 1
[BBF] Schwartzwald : *[BBF] offical
04/16/2019 - 03:32 1
[BBF] Schwartzwald : Yes, I know, Reaver did another name change. I actually use this misspelling of Schwarzwald (Black forest in Germany) for quite a few games. Figured I'd make it official
04/16/2019 - 03:31
[BBF]Vyndorn : DO. THE. ROLL CALL. BOYS.
04/08/2019 - 18:37
[BBF]hisgun : I paid for a year one or two others chipped in so it will go longer. About 2 years ago I set up a ClanBBF on Discord as noted on the top of the General Chat. There are a number of members in it.
03/17/2019 - 21:10
[BBF]lysenko133 : hey hisgun, you still the only one paying for the TS server?
03/15/2019 - 03:00

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

Mining World Alpha Testers

• [BBF]Chaser
  • [BBF]Chaser's Avatar Topic Author
  • DC Clan Hero
  • DC Clan Hero
  • Thank you received: 3

Mining World Alpha Testers was created by [BBF]Chaser

I am working on releasing the Mining world to a few select testers this weekend for about a week or so and would like volunteers to try the new world out.

The mining world will no longer be easy. The new mining worl will include a plugin called ExtraHardMode which i believe many of you had a taste of many servers ago.

Alpha testers will not be able to keep the supplies they end with however will likley be given a package at the end of the testing period. The reason we are going to be testing is to make sure the ore generation will be worth the trouble (starting out with about a 25% increase to vanilla). We also want to make sure all permissions and features for the plugin will work.

Here are some features being added in. (Some features may not stay after alpha testing).

World Rules
  • Mining
    • Stone is extremely hard, making tunneling with a pickaxe impractical. Players will have to scout the wilderness for natural caverns, or make their own caves with much-improved TNT (see below). This brings exploration, navigation, and risk-taking to the forefront of gameplay. The most successful players will be those who map the surface and develop a clever marking system for caverns.
  • Breaking Blocks Softens Surrounding Stones
    • Cave-ins are a persistent threat. Mining ore softens the stone around it, which can then fall and injure the careless player. Dirt and grass, which is often compacted into a solid mass in cavern ceilings and floors, will also come crashing down when disturbed. Of course, TNT can make a really big mess, since it also softens stone to subject it to the pull of gravity.
  • Torches
    • No permanent flames near diamond level (there’s not enough air!). Players will have to get creative with their lighting, for example using dimmer redstone torches (spooky!), moving lava around with buckets (dangerous!), using glowstone (expensive!), or lighting temporary flint/steel fires (risky!). This also discourages players from dumping water on all the lava, since it can be a valuable source of light, holding monsters at bay.
    • Players may not attach torches to loose materials like dirt, grass, and sand.
    • Torches left out in the rain will go out, falling to the ground as items.
  • Limited Block Placement
    • Realistic block placement rules will force players to think a little harder about construction, especially when climbing higher or crossing water, lava, or a trench. It blocks:
      • Straight pillaring up (jumping and placing a block directly beneath you)
      • Building bridges in the sky (branching out with no blocks to support)
  • Better Tree Felling
    • This is a cool feature. It adds a unique twist to chopping trees! The trunk and branches of a tree will fall and potentially injure you. It makes it easier to chop trees, but you have to watch out a little for the falling logs. Also by making branchlogs fall down most treetops should decay.
  • Player
    • Environmental damage like falling, explosions, and suffocation reduces health more, and often applies temporary effects like slowing, blindness, or dizziness.
  • Extinguishing Fires Ignited player
    • Putting out a fire up close (by hitting it or trying to smother it with a block) will catch the player on fire. The best approach is to dump water or destroy the block beneath it.
  • Player Death
    • On death, a small portion of the player’s inventory disappears forever, discouraging players from killing themselves to restore health and hunger. After respawn, the player won’t have a full health and food bar.
  • No Swimming When to Heavy
    • Adds a weight system to your inventory. If your inventory exceeds the weight you will be pulled down and eventually drown. This is to encourage players to use boats and make swimming up waterfalls harder.
General Monster Rules

• Inhibit Grinders
    • Players should go out adventuring while taking risks to gain rewards. The use of monster grinders imbalances the game and makes good weapons “worthless”, because they are easily obtainable. By forcing players to work for their gear, they will treasure it more. This module completely removes drops if it recognizes grinders or when a player has a great advantage over a monster.
  • More Monsters
    • Increase monsters in caves. This will make caves more dangerous and subsequently also reduce the amount of monsters on the surface because the spawnlimit is reached quicker in caves. It does this by increasing the packspawns with random monsters. So if a pack of 2 skeletons spawned 2 other monsters could spawn at the same time.
  • Monsters Spawn in Light
    • This works indepent from “More Monsters”. It spawns monsters even if there is sufficient light. Currently it will spawn monsters in locations where you have been previously. It’s meant to make players not feel completely safe once they have lit up caves.
  • Zombies
    • Instead of speeding Zombies up, a Zombie will slow a player down for a few seconds when the player is hit by a zombie. Zombies may resurrect when slain. They will respawn after a few seconds and might ambush a player.
  • Skeletons
    • Skeletons have special abilities like shooting knockback, blindness and fire arrows. They can also spawn silverfish to make it harder for the player to reach them.
  • Silverfish
    • Silverfish may spawn naturally in caves if “More Monsters” is activated and may be summoned by skeletons. These buggers are easily overseen and a not often seen monster.
  • Spiders
    • Spiders are more common under sea level and randomly drop web around them when slain, potentially introducing obstacles into an ongoing combat situation. Monsters can break through web if stuck. The webs will be removed on the surface after a while, but stay in caves.
  • Creepers
    • Charged creepers will spawn natually and explode on death. It’s supposed to be a fearsome monster and fighting it should be avoided. Killing a creeper may drop ignited tnt. The dropped tnt will act the same as player ignited tnt which can be configured at the bottom. A creeper which dies while being on fire will launch in the air and explode with some fireworks. Small gimmick, doesn’t really increase difficulty ;) .
  • Blazes
    • Blazes will spawn in the nether naturally and near bedrock in the overworld. Blazes in the overworld are unstable and will explode on death and cause cave ins..
  • MagmaCubes
    • Make magmacubes turn into blazes on hit and increase the spawns.
  • PigZombies
    • Make the nether truely fearsome by having always aggroed PigZombies!
  • Ghasts
    • Turn those white baloons into fearsome enemies by greatly increasing the amount of arrows it takes to kill them. Good loot encourage players to still pursue them.
  • Enderman
    • Enderman are easy you think? Sitting behind your wall or 2 high roof? No longer! With their teleporting powers they can teleport you too. Now you better not mess with these guys…
  • Witches
    • Add new attacks like explosions and baby zombies to the arsenal of witches. Witches naturally spawn on the surface on grass.
Farming

• Weak Crops
    • Plants can die if not tended to correctly. This includes exposure to daylight, sufficient water to keep your crops alive.
Additional Falling Blocks.

• Loose materials like cobble and dirt will fall like sand and gravel, forcing players to solve mining obstacles (like giant pits) by bringing appropriate building materials with them or getting very creative in their approach, rather than just using the dirt and cobble they conveniently picked up along the way.

Explosions

• TNT
    • The TNT recipe produces 3 TNT, and each TNT explodes 100% more violently versus Vanilla TNT, making TNT a useful tool for mining and worthwhile to craft. Further, exploding TNT will produce a more “natural” devastation with lots of fallen rock and other rubble.
[hr:171eojcy][/hr:171eojcy][/HR]
I am not going to guarantee a separate Nether will be added for this world unless it is requested. Also some features may not work due to other plugins preventing thema nd this is why we are going to have a alpha test before hand.
31 Dec 2013 18:16 #48679

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• [BBF]Chaser
  • DC Clan Hero
  • DC Clan Hero

Replied by [BBF]Chaser on topic Mining World Alpha Testers

If you would like to Alpha test this new world please post here if you feel some features are overkill please do not post here this is not a discussion as to weather or not we should use this plugin. Alpha testers will be the ones that decide which features should be added or removed and what features need to be increased or decreased.
31 Dec 2013 18:17 #48680

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by [BBF]Zodiac13 on topic Mining World Alpha Testers

Sign me up lol. Sounds like loads of fun to me.
[align=center:2lra7q9k]

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

[/align:2lra7q9k]
31 Dec 2013 18:40 #48681

• [BBF]MTdewMan
  • Colonel Regiment Commander
  • Colonel Regiment Commander

Replied by [BBF]MTdewMan on topic Mining World Alpha Testers

Ill do it but i have a feeling i will die a lot
BLOOD is THICKER than water
31 Dec 2013 18:56 #48682

• [BBF] Takenhell
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Replied by [BBF] Takenhell on topic Mining World Alpha Testers

Sign me up oo

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
31 Dec 2013 20:15 #48686

Replied by [BBF]Bobarian on topic Mining World Alpha Testers

[BBF]Chaser;48679 wrote: [*]No Swimming When to Heavy

• Adds a weight system to your inventory. If your inventory exceeds the weight you will be pulled down and eventually drown. This is to encourage players to use boats and make swimming up waterfalls harder.

Oh God. Its Fallout all over again. Lol. We should have a watching mod so we can watch everyone fail and get blown to bits by their own TNT.
31 Dec 2013 23:04 #48687

• [BBF]Ariakas
  • Brigadier General
  • Brigadier General

Replied by [BBF]Ariakas on topic Mining World Alpha Testers

I would love to test this. This concept seems FUN

01 Jan 2014 16:59 #48697

• [BBF]hisgun
  • Lieutenant General Human Resources
  • Lieutenant General Human Resources
  • Thank you received: 10

Replied by [BBF]hisgun on topic Mining World Alpha Testers

Count me in.

01 Jan 2014 19:28 #48700

Replied by [BBF]Zodiac13 on topic Mining World Alpha Testers

So whens this party getting started?
[align=center:2lra7q9k]

[/align:2lra7q9k]
04 Jan 2014 12:33 #48740

• [BBF]Chaser
  • DC Clan Hero
  • DC Clan Hero

Replied by [BBF]Chaser on topic Mining World Alpha Testers

Soon soon. I think i have the configs ready ill still need to play with permissions but thats more trial and error for you alpha testers lol.

I was going to perform a shutdown but theirs 1 people online so i didn't want to ruin their fun.
04 Jan 2014 12:45 #48741

BBF News Archive

Site Traffic

Copyright

Clan BBF (Baptized By Fire) and www.clanbbf.com operate as a multiplayer gaming clan and gaming fansite, and are not endorsed by, or affiliated with Activision-Blizzard, BioWare, Blizzard Entertainment, Bohemia Interactive, DICE, Discord, Electronic Arts, Facepunch Studios, Lucas Arts, Microsoft, NCSOFT, Riot Games, Sony, Teamspeak, Tencent, Telltale Games, Twitch.tv, or their respective properties.

Content and media are displayed on this site for educational and informational purposes only under 17 U.S.C. § 107 Fair Use, are subject to copyright by their respective owners, and should not be downloaded, redistributed, modified, or sold without their express consent. Views and content published on www.clanbbf.com are written by individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of Clan BBF.

More information can be found at our full disclosure page.

Copyright © 2016. Clan BBF. All rights reserved.