Forum
  • Register
[BBF] Schwartzwald : everybody do the Rolly Polly Cally before its too late
08/07/2019 - 02:29
[BBF]hisgun : Crimson Ghost is the Admin. of BBF Discord. If another BBF Officer needs rights on Discord let myself or Crimson know, Crimson should be the only one (and me) with full Admin rights.
06/20/2019 - 19:43
[BBF]hisgun : June Roll Call is posted. Please click "Read More" on the Announcement at the top of every forum. Then on the Roll Call Announcement click on the RED link and post the game(s) you play. Thanks.
05/31/2019 - 04:21
[BBF]Crimson Ghost : WOW Classic Servers are back in Aug...!!!
05/27/2019 - 18:46
[BBF]Neko_Jesus : Haven't talked to most of y'all for a hot minute, hmu sometimes bois i'm always open to play somethin. been mostly playing Siege and Division 2 recently
05/06/2019 - 13:36 1
[BBF]hisgun : May Roll Call is posted. Please click "Read More" on the Announcement at the top of every forum. Then on the Roll Call Announcement click on the Red link to post your game(s) Thanks.
05/01/2019 - 15:47 1
[BBF] Schwartzwald : *[BBF] offical
04/16/2019 - 03:32 1
[BBF] Schwartzwald : Yes, I know, Reaver did another name change. I actually use this misspelling of Schwarzwald (Black forest in Germany) for quite a few games. Figured I'd make it official
04/16/2019 - 03:31
[BBF]Vyndorn : DO. THE. ROLL CALL. BOYS.
04/08/2019 - 18:37
[BBF]hisgun : I paid for a year one or two others chipped in so it will go longer. About 2 years ago I set up a ClanBBF on Discord as noted on the top of the General Chat. There are a number of members in it.
03/17/2019 - 21:10

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

Server Issues

• [BBF]Chaser
  • [BBF]Chaser's Avatar Topic Author
  • DC Clan Hero
  • DC Clan Hero
  • Thank you received: 3

Server Issues was created by [BBF]Chaser

So i sadly have to say that due to a few issues we experienced on our dedicated server today we have managed to loose the entirety of our Minecraft servers.

I lay all blame on myself. I was doing some maintenance and somehow the folder that contains all of our info was deleted.

Neither myself or our host can track down exactly what happened and because of this our host is currently re-installing our OS on our server as well as a few other programs.

This is quite the loss because it will make creating our new servers that much harder not having old info to back up our new settings.

As soon as i get all the information for the server from the host again i will be starting work on a few things as well as creating some automatic backup jobs for the servers.

I will also create a basic survival server so our guests can still connect and play on the server while we begin working on the new servers.
16 Aug 2014 19:46 #52138

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by [BBF]Zodiac13 on topic Server Issues

Does your server provider allow fps connections? If so you can manually back up the server files by downloading them to your own PC . that is what I do any time I make changes to the 7 days to die server.
[align=center:2lra7q9k]

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

[/align:2lra7q9k]
16 Aug 2014 20:02 #52139

• [BBF]Chaser
  • DC Clan Hero
  • DC Clan Hero

Replied by [BBF]Chaser on topic Server Issues

[BBF]Zodiac13;52139 wrote: Does your server provider allow fps connections? If so you can manually back up the server files by downloading them to your own PC . that is what I do any time I make changes to the 7 days to die server.

Yes they do (its actually a dedicated server i have full access) however when you have 10 servers with their own plugins and such it gets a little hard and time consuming to download all the files.

I will be setting up the server to keep backups in a seperate directory and ill continue taking backups from time to time.
16 Aug 2014 20:17 #52140

Replied by [BBF] Itchy on topic Server Issues

Sounds like it is time for some of the officer of MC to jump back in game and help get things set back up and get players back to playing on the server. If you start new server I might be back playing full time again.
16 Aug 2014 21:55 #52141

Replied by [BBF]Zodiac13 on topic Server Issues

[BBF] Itchy;52141 wrote: Sounds like it is time for some of the officer of MC to jump back in game and help get things set back up and get players back to playing on the server. If you start new server I might be back playing full time again.

Itchy you should come play 7 days to die till Chaser gets the MC servers fixed.
[align=center:2lra7q9k]

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

[/align:2lra7q9k]
16 Aug 2014 22:11 #52142

• [BBF]Chaser
  • DC Clan Hero
  • DC Clan Hero

I have been working on the servers for a long time now and finally got things back to a somewhat normal state.

I have created a vanilla server for you all to play on. Join using mine.clanbbf.com
17 Aug 2014 17:24 #52152

• [BBF]MTdewMan
  • Colonel Regiment Commander
  • Colonel Regiment Commander

Replied by [BBF]MTdewMan on topic Server Issues

yes itchy we have been working on the server we have new hub built and operational. so now we just have to start working on the individual servers ie skyblock,towny/survival,loadmines,shops,minigames and more! if you would like we can keep you updated.
BLOOD is THICKER than water
19 Aug 2014 12:32 #52155

Replied by [BBF] Itchy on topic Server Issues

It would be nice if you kept us all updated. I got on the other day and was starting on building something and bang the server was shut down and I did not see anything about it going down.
20 Aug 2014 15:22 #52162

• [BBF]Chaser
  • DC Clan Hero
  • DC Clan Hero

[BBF] Itchy;52162 wrote: It would be nice if you kept us all updated. I got on the other day and was starting on building something and bang the server was shut down and I did not see anything about it going down.

We haven’t been doing a lot of updated because we have been having a ton of issues.

When our dedicated server had its little hiccup I decided to make a few changes.

Currently to gain access to each server’s files and folders we need to have 10 different logins (one for each server) and this is slow and makes doing work very hard so I am intending to change this. To do so I needed to add another service to our dedicated machine which will allow us to have one login and have access to all of the server files and folders that way.

This process has brought on quite a few issues and it has been a pill to get working the way it needs to however we are close to being done with that step.

While I have been working on this some of the officers have been working on building a hub.

You mention getting kicked off of the server however I have not stopped a server with players online once since this work has begun.

The issue was that some folders had locked out Multicraft and when Multicraft ran to check those files it crashed. I discovered this last night and it took em about an hour to fix. While fixing that issue I found another and spent another hours doing that. That issue prevented the server from saving player stats when they logged out.

Another issue that happened while doing this was that I accidently put mine.clanbbf.com into a 1.6.4 server and players were not abler to join this has also been fixed.

Once the bugs with the actual servers are fixed and we begin good hard work we will be putting more and more updates out until then I rather spend time fixing things rather than posting about them.
20 Aug 2014 17:40 #52163

• [BBF]Chaser
  • DC Clan Hero
  • DC Clan Hero

UPDATE:

A lot of the features i am trying to add are directed at security and backups.

Today i was focused on backups and making sure we have plenty of backups of at least our servers so we can quickleyy and easily get back up and running if something were to indeed happen.

In the past we relied on plugins to make backups of our servers and once we begin work on our servers we still will but we want to have multiple levels of backups so for a few hours today i was digging into ways we can automatically create backups.

After searching the internet i found out a few differant ways to do this and in a few days we will know how well it really works.

As of right now our dedicated server will be takiing a .zip copy of all 10 servers at the same time. It will then move it into a secure folder and rename it with a date format. After this it will check for backups that are 10 days or older and remove them for memory purposes.

I am also trying to find a way for our server to send my computer these files as well. I know it is possible but because my knowledge on linux and networking is worse then my use of home row keys i have decided to make a post and ask the pros.

I am hoping we will be able to do this and we really wont need to worry about anything else.
20 Aug 2014 21:43 #52165

BBF News Archive

Site Traffic

Copyright

Clan BBF (Baptized By Fire) and www.clanbbf.com operate as a multiplayer gaming clan and gaming fansite, and are not endorsed by, or affiliated with Activision-Blizzard, BioWare, Blizzard Entertainment, Bohemia Interactive, DICE, Discord, Electronic Arts, Facepunch Studios, Lucas Arts, Microsoft, NCSOFT, Riot Games, Sony, Teamspeak, Tencent, Telltale Games, Twitch.tv, or their respective properties.

Content and media are displayed on this site for educational and informational purposes only under 17 U.S.C. § 107 Fair Use, are subject to copyright by their respective owners, and should not be downloaded, redistributed, modified, or sold without their express consent. Views and content published on www.clanbbf.com are written by individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of Clan BBF.

More information can be found at our full disclosure page.

Copyright © 2016. Clan BBF. All rights reserved.