Forum
  • Register
[BBF]hisgun : Hi katob nice to see you back in the house. I never played those games or had a chance to talk with you but I remember the name. As you can see it is more that slow around here. Good luck.
10/01/2019 - 12:05 1
katob : I was a member of BBF pre-Burning Crusade. I played WoW off and on for a few years, but Classic has me back. Just wanted to say hi to anyone that's still around from the old days. :-)
09/30/2019 - 19:20
[BBF]Crimson Ghost : Sorry I'm here still was just away for a bit...back and playing WOW CLASSIC!
09/10/2019 - 02:49 1
[BBF] Schwartzwald : Looks like it's only me and Hisgun hitting roll call now... I'm sad
09/07/2019 - 20:17 1
[BBF]hisgun : Sept. Roll Call is posted BBF Members please click on "READ MORE" on the Announcement. Then on the Roll Call Announcement click the Red Link then post the game(s) you play. Thank You.
09/01/2019 - 09:34 1
[BBF] Schwartzwald : everybody do the Rolly Polly Cally before its too late
08/07/2019 - 08:29 1
[BBF]hisgun : Crimson Ghost is the Admin. of BBF Discord. If another BBF Officer needs rights on Discord let myself or Crimson know, Crimson should be the only one (and me) with full Admin rights.
06/21/2019 - 01:43
[BBF]hisgun : June Roll Call is posted. Please click "Read More" on the Announcement at the top of every forum. Then on the Roll Call Announcement click on the RED link and post the game(s) you play. Thanks.
05/31/2019 - 10:21
[BBF]Crimson Ghost : WOW Classic Servers are back in Aug...!!!
05/28/2019 - 00:46
[BBF]Neko_Jesus : Haven't talked to most of y'all for a hot minute, hmu sometimes bois i'm always open to play somethin. been mostly playing Siege and Division 2 recently
05/06/2019 - 19:36 1

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

Chaser to Resign

• [BBF]Chaser
  • [BBF]Chaser's Avatar Topic Author
  • DC Clan Hero
  • DC Clan Hero
  • Thank you received: 3

Chaser to Resign was created by [BBF]Chaser

I have been thinking about this post for a few weeks now and I still do not know a good way to say the things I am about to say except for getting to the point and just saying them.

As of the 1[sup:26wcsxn6]st[/sup:26wcsxn6] of the year I will be stepping down from my position within the clan.

I have decided to make this decision for multiple reasons and I hope I can explain them to the best of my ability and that you will all respect my decision.

One of the biggest deciding factors was my son Bentley. Being a child of a broken home I never had the opportunity to spend time with my dad and (even though Lynsie and I are together) I don’t want Bentley to feel the pain and go thru the struggles I did growing up because his dad is too busy fixing clan issues or building Minecraft servers.

Second, when I joined the clan 6 and a half year ago I loved playing video games and wanted to take my gameplay to the next level. When [BBF]Typhoon approached me to join the clan I was elated but scared as hell (Playing is one thing but talking to complete strangers was terrifying). The folks here in the clan made me feel at home and in a way helped me come out of my real life shell. However over the last few months the joy I first had for playing games has almost completely diminished.

This is because I can no longer play a game without having to step out and break up some dispute, answer questions, fix the forums, or fix something within Minecraft. I enjoy being able to help others and this is part of my responsibility within the clan however recently I find myself not joining TS so I can have some alone time, and if I do join TS I don’t dare load a game because I won’t be able to play it.

The last reason is because of my relationship. Running up to 10 Minecraft servers, doing technical work within the forums, and doing all the other odds and ends I do has begun to wear on my relationship with my fiancée.

I am so dedicated to the clan I put my personal life on the side at times and I just do not feel that is healthy for me or my family.

Now on the bright side of things I will still be around and depending on what the DC decides to do I will likely still be able to fix things when needed (however the DC still has final say).

I am in the process of building a new PC and intend on playing games I enjoy and being able to join TS without feeling obligated to stop playing to fix things.

I will not be on as often as I usually am because well family first…

Now when most people step down, resign, or retire they make a side note to those who have influenced them and or helped them get to where they are now. This would take me way to long and I would miss 90% of those who have really made me who I am today.

BBF is Family to me and will always be family.

Now to those wondering about the Minecraft server please READ the following because I will not repeat it in TS.

As of right now the servers will be closed early January. As it is now we pay almost $85.00 USD each month and frankly I can no longer justify the expense (donations or not). I have already spoken with all of the Minecraft staff about my decision.

I have also spoken with [BBF]Kad and [BBF]Takenhell about what we should do with the remainder of the donations (about $40.00 USD).

I cannot speak for what they will do regarding the server however it has even discussed finding a cheaper host and not running as sophisticated of a server as we usually do. (Something with very few plugins).

I have offered all my support and knowledge to them as well to get things running. I also own a Multicraft (Minecraft control panel) license that can run up to 10 servers if we decide to go back to a dedicated server platform.

I hope everyone enjoys their Holiday and I will see you all in game as soon as my new PC is built.
25 Dec 2014 22:39 #53130

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• [BBF]StorkKnows
  • Sergeant Major
  • Sergeant Major
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by [BBF]StorkKnows on topic Chaser to Resign

O <--- you see this chase.
This is the hole you left in my heart as you leave
Mike learned how to make colors
25 Dec 2014 22:49 #53131

• [BBF]Guardianxz
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Sergeant First Class

Replied by [BBF]Guardianxz on topic Chaser to Resign

I'm saying it now, Chaser for BBF Hero 2014. Thanks for being my first GC and for sticking your neck out for me more than I can count. You've been a true pal and as sad as it is I am glad that you will be able to move forward and be with your family more often rather than being bombarded with questions, complaints, and other nonsense instead of enjoying a game for once.

You've been one hell of a friend and a pretty kick ass guy all around. Until that time I will not say goodbye, I'll just say see you later alligator! :thumb:
25 Dec 2014 22:58 #53132

Replied by [BBF]Zodiac13 on topic Chaser to Resign

A tear wells up in my eye as I read your parting post. A tear of joy that you finally used a spell checker. All joking aside as long as you will still be around to game with some of us from time to time I will be happy.
[align=center:2lra7q9k]

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

[/align:2lra7q9k]
26 Dec 2014 00:04 #53133

• [BBF]lysenko133
  • First Sergeant
  • First Sergeant
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by [BBF]lysenko133 on topic Chaser to Resign

:( .... :,(.....i..will..miss...you...
26 Dec 2014 00:51 #53134

Replied by [BBF]Jerako45 on topic Chaser to Resign

we all are great full for all that you have done to help us all. you were one of the first people i talked to when i joined the clan. this clan is a big family and i am glad you will still be around
26 Dec 2014 01:17 #53135

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by [BBF]Poptardz on topic Chaser to Resign

Chaser, you have been an indispensable part of BBF for many years, and me and everyone here in the clan cannot thank you enough for all your hard work and dedication! You have became a memorable part of BBF and it's history!

I'm happy that you were able to decide what was best long term for both you and your family. Writing this post was probably very hard, but you are courageous.
You are a great great guy and I'm glad you are going to stick around!

Thank You! and Merry Christmas! :love:

26 Dec 2014 04:38 #53136

• [BBF]Ariakas
  • Brigadier General
  • Brigadier General

Replied by [BBF]Ariakas on topic Chaser to Resign

More time for 7D2D!!!!

26 Dec 2014 08:49 #53138

• [BBF]DrDeath
  • Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant General

Replied by [BBF]DrDeath on topic Chaser to Resign

Chase you have done many wonderful things for BBF through the years. I too understand how hard it is to jungle real life family and BBF family. Your kids are only young once and you need to have that time with them. Thank you for what all you have done and for being a good friend. But I do not have to like what you are doing :(
[BBF]DrDeath
General of PC Division

Started BBF 03/12/05

[url]Profile[/url]
26 Dec 2014 11:13 #53139

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by [BBF]Vyndorn on topic Chaser to Resign

I am a bit grieved to see you retire, but its understandable. You've done alot for this community, both in time, money, and moral. You are truly a saint to BBF.

It's funny to think it was six and half years ago we met under Typhoon in Cod4. It was good playing with you then, and certainly it was good playing with you now.

Take care buddy, you got me on FB, hit me up whenever you want to talk.
Originally Joined May 13th, 2008.
Former CoD4(PC) Moral Officer/Minecraft 2nd Lt, CGC, GC.
The artist formerly known as [BBF]Phantom.
26 Dec 2014 21:04 #53145

BBF News Archive

Site Traffic

Copyright

Clan BBF (Baptized By Fire) and www.clanbbf.com operate as a multiplayer gaming clan and gaming fansite, and are not endorsed by, or affiliated with Activision-Blizzard, BioWare, Blizzard Entertainment, Bohemia Interactive, DICE, Discord, Electronic Arts, Facepunch Studios, Lucas Arts, Microsoft, NCSOFT, Riot Games, Sony, Teamspeak, Tencent, Telltale Games, Twitch.tv, or their respective properties.

Content and media are displayed on this site for educational and informational purposes only under 17 U.S.C. § 107 Fair Use, are subject to copyright by their respective owners, and should not be downloaded, redistributed, modified, or sold without their express consent. Views and content published on www.clanbbf.com are written by individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of Clan BBF.

More information can be found at our full disclosure page.

Copyright © 2016. Clan BBF. All rights reserved.