Forum
  • Register
[BBF]hisgun : Me again! July Roll Call is posted, please do like it says for the June Roll Call below..... that was easy.
07/01/2020 - 05:55
[BBF]hisgun : June Roll Call is posted. Near the top of any forum is the Roll Call Announcement. Click on the Red "Read More" then on the page that comes up click on the red link. Post the games you play. TY
06/01/2020 - 00:15
[BBF]hisgun : May Roll Call is posted. Near the top of any forum is the Roll Call Announcement, click on "READ MORE" then click on the red link taking you to the Roll call page, there please list the game you play
05/01/2020 - 21:22 1
[BBF]DarkKnight : https://www.twitch.tv/xxbbfknightxx = My Kids Stream under my name. add and follow him/me
04/22/2020 - 18:07
[BBF]hisgun : That would be cool, I am not in charge of that area. lets hope we do, I those were my first real games, loved Command and Conquer Renegade. Good to see you alive and kicking.
04/05/2020 - 01:18 1
[BBF]DarkKnight : we adding command and conquer remastered when it comes out? :)
04/02/2020 - 11:08
[BBF]hisgun : February 2020 Roll Call is posted please click on "READ MORE" in the Announcement near the top of all forums and follow the link. Thank You.
01/31/2020 - 22:35
[BBF]hisgun : Yes Roll Call was a little late Again. Please click on "READ MORE" on the Announcement near the top of all forums and follow the link. Thanks
01/08/2020 - 06:06
12/03/2019 - 19:25
[BBF]hisgun : And you living dead that are hanging in there, Roll Call is posted a day late so I will keep it up a day longer..... sorry life gets in the way some times. Hit Roll Call PLEASE.
12/03/2019 - 02:47

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

Baptized by atoms: The fall of Arrakis

• [BBF]Mr_DuCe
  • [BBF]Mr_DuCe's Avatar Topic Author
  • First Sergeant
  • First Sergeant
  • Thank you received: 0

Baptized by atoms: The fall of Arrakis was created by [BBF]Mr_DuCe

Deep in the desert biome, far from the towns of Minecraftia and even further than any one person has traveled in this new world, a lone player digs in the sands in search of the buried temple. As the sun hits its zenith, his shovel lets out a solid ringing sound as it hits a solid object hidden below, upon investigation our hero finds a large bottle and within it a rolled up paper written on it is the last words of a leader speaking of the final days of his kingdom:

--- BEGIN MESSAGE ///Classification: Eyes Only/// ---

-Begin Transcription-

As instructed, I have sent a lone soilder into the wilds of Minecraftia with this final message from our kingdom, our domain, our shelter, our home. This is the final message, the last words of the people of Arrakis, our ending chapter in this world we call Minecraftia and in this time we have found our fate.

Let it be known that the date is 8675309 b.c.e

Arrakis, has fallen to ashes, its people scattered and slaughtered in the fallout of our greatest misjudgment. Only a handful survived the final days in our war against our enemy, those that escaped have taken refuge in far away lands. Our nuclear program had reached its peak, our missiles were armed and their sights were set to strike the beating heart of Histown. For too long the people of Histown had attempted to overtake our sands and claim them in the name of the tyrant known as Hisgun, today was our last efforts to cleanse him from this world and free the villagers bound to his service. I sat in the launch room among my cabinet as we attempted one last effort to contact the leaders of Histown, we were only answered with static. As the countdown reached its final minutes, I ordered the room cleared and sent home all non essential personnel to their homes to be with their families, in a sense even I knew these were the final moments of our people. There I was, standing over the launch console, the red button blinked steadily, as the time winded down it seemed as if the air grew more stale and I could smell the scorched earth already.

10 seconds
I began to tremble, the idea finally hit heart as I knew the outcome of this last ditch effort, I knew of all the lives I was taking into my hands...

9 seconds
Sweat poured from every part of my body, like the raging flow during the first springs melt

8 seconds
I remember the early days of Arrakis, the times when the land was just sand dunes, the long hours of digging with my lost wife, the first presidential home.

7 seconds
I think back to the first civil war, perhaps this is a mistake, perhaps I did not learn a lesson from those times

6 seconds
I remind myself that this HAS to happen, I remind myself of pure evil that is Hisgun and how we exhausted every effort to find peace before this

5 seconds
I insert the final coordinates into the launch console, satellite gps has found the capitol of Histown and relayed the coordinates to the missiles

4 seconds
I insert the key card and punch in the final launch code - v - y - n - d - o - r - n -

3 seconds
Intial boosters ignite and let out a loud roar

2 seconds
Secondary boosters ignite, this is it

1 second
the launch towers release the missiles, they scream and fly into the sky

As I watch the monitors that are broadcasting a live feed from our UAVs my private phone rings, when I pickup I hear my first Chancellor, Vyndorn, on the other end. I hear in his voice an odd smile, he speaks to me in a vindictive tone...
"VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!"
It seemed that in the end, the real enemy was within the gates, I look back at the monitors in time to see Arrakis and then a flash of light...

-end transcription-

----END OF MESSAGE---
[align=center:26ijt78y][font=arial:26ijt78y]In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.[/font:26ijt78y][/align:26ijt78y]
09 Jan 2014 08:51 #48857

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by [BBF]C5mith on topic Baptized by atoms: The fall of Arrakis

Nothing written in the history of man kind has been so beautiful and so heartwrenching as this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
09 Jan 2014 18:29 #48867

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by [BBF]Chaser on topic Baptized by atoms: The fall of Arrakis

Great Job Duce
09 Jan 2014 19:38 #48874

• [BBF]Mr_DuCe
  • [BBF]Mr_DuCe's Avatar Topic Author
  • First Sergeant
  • First Sergeant

Replied by [BBF]Mr_DuCe on topic Baptized by atoms: The fall of Arrakis

[BBF]C5mith;48867 wrote: Nothing written in the history of man kind has been so beautiful and so heartwrenching as this.

Hoping it isn't sarcasm, I didn't say it would be a masterpiece in the first place! All I said was that I would finally finish the story :P
[align=center:26ijt78y][font=arial:26ijt78y]In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.[/font:26ijt78y][/align:26ijt78y]
09 Jan 2014 20:17 #48876

Replied by [BBF]C5mith on topic Baptized by atoms: The fall of Arrakis

[BBF]Mr_DuCe;48876 wrote: Hoping it isn't sarcasm, I didn't say it would be a masterpiece in the first place! All I said was that I would finally finish the story :P

No sarcasm intended, it was very nice :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
09 Jan 2014 20:30 #48877

• [C] TurtleG1rl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Replied by [C] TurtleG1rl on topic Baptized by atoms: The fall of Arrakis

I always knew something was up with that Vyndorn bloke!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
10 Jan 2014 03:00 #48878

• [BBF] Takenhell
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Replied by [BBF] Takenhell on topic Baptized by atoms: The fall of Arrakis

Will writen
10 Jan 2014 13:10 #48879

Replied by [BBF]Bobarian on topic Baptized by atoms: The fall of Arrakis

#Blackwater rewlz
#2 residents
11 Jan 2014 02:02 #48881

• [C] TurtleG1rl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Replied by [C] TurtleG1rl on topic Baptized by atoms: The fall of Arrakis

#Rememberwhen2k14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
09 Jun 2014 13:24 #50995

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by [BBF]Vyndorn on topic Baptized by atoms: The fall of Arrakis

Viva La Resistance.
Originally Joined May 13th, 2008.
Former CoD4(PC) Moral Officer/Minecraft 2nd Lt, CGC, GC.
The artist formerly known as [BBF]Phantom.
10 Jun 2014 02:22 #51012

BBF News Archive

Site Traffic

Copyright

Clan BBF (Baptized By Fire) and www.clanbbf.com operate as a multiplayer gaming clan and gaming fansite, and are not endorsed by, or affiliated with Activision-Blizzard, BioWare, Blizzard Entertainment, Bohemia Interactive, DICE, Discord, Electronic Arts, Facepunch Studios, Lucas Arts, Microsoft, NCSOFT, Riot Games, Sony, Teamspeak, Tencent, Telltale Games, Twitch.tv, or their respective properties.

Content and media are displayed on this site for educational and informational purposes only under 17 U.S.C. § 107 Fair Use, are subject to copyright by their respective owners, and should not be downloaded, redistributed, modified, or sold without their express consent. Views and content published on www.clanbbf.com are written by individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of Clan BBF.

More information can be found at our full disclosure page.

Copyright © 2016. Clan BBF. All rights reserved.