Forum
  • Register
[BBF]hisgun : Me again! July Roll Call is posted, please do like it says for the June Roll Call below..... that was easy.
07/01/2020 - 05:55
[BBF]hisgun : June Roll Call is posted. Near the top of any forum is the Roll Call Announcement. Click on the Red "Read More" then on the page that comes up click on the red link. Post the games you play. TY
06/01/2020 - 00:15
[BBF]hisgun : May Roll Call is posted. Near the top of any forum is the Roll Call Announcement, click on "READ MORE" then click on the red link taking you to the Roll call page, there please list the game you play
05/01/2020 - 21:22 1
[BBF]DarkKnight : https://www.twitch.tv/xxbbfknightxx = My Kids Stream under my name. add and follow him/me
04/22/2020 - 18:07
[BBF]hisgun : That would be cool, I am not in charge of that area. lets hope we do, I those were my first real games, loved Command and Conquer Renegade. Good to see you alive and kicking.
04/05/2020 - 01:18 1
[BBF]DarkKnight : we adding command and conquer remastered when it comes out? :)
04/02/2020 - 11:08
[BBF]hisgun : February 2020 Roll Call is posted please click on "READ MORE" in the Announcement near the top of all forums and follow the link. Thank You.
01/31/2020 - 22:35
[BBF]hisgun : Yes Roll Call was a little late Again. Please click on "READ MORE" on the Announcement near the top of all forums and follow the link. Thanks
01/08/2020 - 06:06
12/03/2019 - 19:25
[BBF]hisgun : And you living dead that are hanging in there, Roll Call is posted a day late so I will keep it up a day longer..... sorry life gets in the way some times. Hit Roll Call PLEASE.
12/03/2019 - 02:47

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

Plans for the Future

• [BBF]Chaser
  • [BBF]Chaser's Avatar Topic Author
  • DC Clan Hero
  • DC Clan Hero
  • Thank you received: 3

Plans for the Future was created by [BBF]Chaser

So everyone seems to be in an uproar regarding BBF’s current state in Minecraft and I wanted to explain and express my visions of the future as well as set forth a game plan that we can lean on for future development.
As some of you know BBF is looking to launch and release a new line of servers that will be our most complete set of servers ever. Before launch date we will be undergoing extensive testing and we will ensure all resources are up to date before updating.

BBF has access to 10 servers and we plan to use each of these servers. The new set of servers will be released in two stages. The reason we will release in two stages is because the first stage of servers will be built on our spare servers while our current servers stay up and are playable. The second stage will be built on those servers that were being used during the first stage development.

As far as what type of server we will run and what might be on those server is still subject to change however this is the current game plan
  1. Bungee Server
    • The Bungee server is used as a proxy this is how we can have 9 servers running different plugins and styles and still connect, chat, TP, and so on from server to server
  2. Hub Server
    • The Hub will consist of 8 portals that will take you to each server and will also include a GUI (possibly the current compass setup) that will allow you to read rules, TP to other servers, as well as provide access to online resources (Donations, forums, help pages, and so on).
    • The hub will be a complete redesign of our current hub and our goals are to make it aesthetic, inviting, and easy to navigate.
  3. Towny Server
    • Towny is BBF’s name sake for minecraft and we wouldn’t be BBF without Towny.
    • Towny has always been one of our favorite plugins and is the favorite of our guests.
    • This server will work much like the current one with the exception of a couple of different plugins
    • Freebuild will only be built if we (the clan) feels it is necessary
  4. Factions Server (optional)
    • Factions is much like Towny however instead of creating a town you create a faction. Factions can claim land and the larger a faction gets the more land they can claim and only faction followers can build on faction land. Factions can also forge alliances and declare themselves enemies with other factions. Land may be taken from other factions through war.
    • Factiosn seems pretty cool and quite a few members have asked for it and not that we have the servers to do so let’s go for it.
    • This server will likely have loads of new plugins that work great with Factions.
    • Visit their plugin page here http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/factions/
  5. Skyblock Server
    • Skyblock has always been a favorite with BBF and I think we should continue the tradition. I will work hard at fixing the current issues we are having with Skyblock including the issues with the GUI.
    • I will also look into adding some additional plugins to make skyblock harder and funner.
  6. Creative Server
    • This server will allow players to build anything they want with little to no restraints.
    • We may also let players purchase their building and have them transplanted into their server of choice. (may require donation)
  7. Modded Server
    • Taken has been working on creating a nice custom server for us and as well as everything works the way it should we will be adding a modded server to the mix.
    • To join the modded server you will need to install all client mods as well as have a client running a lower version of minecraft.
  8. And 9.
    • Servers 8 and 9 will be our “Game Servers”
    • These servers will host a number of gaming plugins such as
      • One in the Chamber
      • Spleef
      • Trouble In Terrorist Town
      • Paintball
      • Capture the Flag
      • Hunger Games
      • Tons more

Now you may ask what servers are going to come first? Well I don’t know to be honest with you it may all depend on when developers release new builds and when we can find the correct plugins to work with what we want to do.

Now when I say the servers will be 100% complete I mean the following
  • Server permissions will be complete (some may need to be added here and there after bug testing)
  • Voting sites as well as recruitment posts/threads on all sites will be updated and completed
  • Information pages will be complete (Each server will have its own page describing its use and a brief description of how to use it etc.)
  • Donations will be figured out and in place
  • Server staff may be increased and staff members will be knowledgeable and should have access to most all aspects of the servers.
  • Clanbbf.com minecraft threads will be cleaned and updated with current information
  • Social media/Facebook and Twitter (to be created) accounts will be updated and monitored
As far as what plugins each server is running this is still yet to be decided.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed please send them to Kad, myself, or any other MC staff member and we will look at all of them.

Just as a side note for those who do not know.
I am currently working on a tool that was created for BBF and has now gotten over 550 downloads that lists every item in the game and sets its price based off the recipe of each item.

I have received a ton of feedback about this tool from other owners and I plan on using this as additional BBF outreach.

I am also looking into creating a plugin that will allow admins to type a command and easily access the buy price and sell price of each item. This will speed up the shop creation process and will allow users to easily find the price of an item for their own purposes.

I have already made the code for the tool to create a worth.yml file which is used in essentials. When used in essentials players can type /buy or /sell while holding and item and buy/sell it for the price set in the file. I am also working with another plugin that lists items in a file as well.
23 Jul 2014 19:30 #51627

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• [BBF]Monster6698
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by [BBF]Monster6698 on topic Plans for the Future

i like the ideas that u have. i really like the idea for a factions server me personally would play on that its like nation if im not wrong? and yea i do need a lot of learning to do to become more knowledgeable

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Joined BBF10-31-11
24 Jul 2014 23:51 #51657

Replied by [BBF]kad333 on topic Plans for the Future

Excellent Chase! As always, we are here for you and will support you with whatever you need.
25 Jul 2014 01:30 #51660

• [BBF]Chaser
  • DC Clan Hero
  • DC Clan Hero

Replied by [BBF]Chaser on topic Plans for the Future

I moved this from the officers forum so everyone can read and input now.
26 Jul 2014 13:55 #51705

Replied by [BBF]Mr_DuCe on topic Plans for the Future

[BBF]Chaser;51705 wrote: I moved this from the officers forum so everyone can read and input now.

*insert expected Mr_DuCe response here*
[align=center:26ijt78y][font=arial:26ijt78y]In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.[/font:26ijt78y][/align:26ijt78y]
26 Jul 2014 14:35 #51708

Replied by [BBF]Zodiac13 on topic Plans for the Future

What? No Tekkit server?
[align=center:2lra7q9k]

[/align:2lra7q9k]
26 Jul 2014 15:01 #51709

• [BBF]Chaser
  • DC Clan Hero
  • DC Clan Hero

Replied by [BBF]Chaser on topic Plans for the Future

[BBF]Zodiac13;51709 wrote: What? No Tekkit server?

We will be having some sort of modded minecraft be it tekkit or our own mod pack.
26 Jul 2014 15:28 #51710

• [BBF]Corruption_Echoes
  • First Sergeant
  • First Sergeant
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by [BBF]Corruption_Echoes on topic Plans for the Future

Don't worry zodiac if I have the time I'll be assisting taken :)
26 Jul 2014 16:55 #51715

• [BBF]StorkKnows
  • Sergeant Major
  • Sergeant Major

Replied by [BBF]StorkKnows on topic Plans for the Future

Mike learned how to make colors
10 Aug 2014 04:06 #52024

Replied by [BBF]CrusTi on topic Plans for the Future

I had an unfinished minecraft server using bungie. Not sure if it will work but I could give you the maps I have, (10 Portal Hub world, DayZ Map, and something else. I also have the plugins required for DayZ, but They might need to be updated. Please PM me back because I have been saving these maps because I dont need them. At least give them a Try. Thanks!!

- GigaMac

Quote - "Why do people pronounce my name as 'Jigallo' ?"
Mac Monahan (GigaMac)
25 Aug 2014 10:55 #52242

BBF News Archive

Site Traffic

Copyright

Clan BBF (Baptized By Fire) and www.clanbbf.com operate as a multiplayer gaming clan and gaming fansite, and are not endorsed by, or affiliated with Activision-Blizzard, BioWare, Blizzard Entertainment, Bohemia Interactive, DICE, Discord, Electronic Arts, Facepunch Studios, Lucas Arts, Microsoft, NCSOFT, Riot Games, Sony, Teamspeak, Tencent, Telltale Games, Twitch.tv, or their respective properties.

Content and media are displayed on this site for educational and informational purposes only under 17 U.S.C. § 107 Fair Use, are subject to copyright by their respective owners, and should not be downloaded, redistributed, modified, or sold without their express consent. Views and content published on www.clanbbf.com are written by individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of Clan BBF.

More information can be found at our full disclosure page.

Copyright © 2016. Clan BBF. All rights reserved.