Forum
  • Register
AFireHawk : Anyway just an old retired hero stopping by to see how everyone is doing. I am also impressed the clan is still going on, that alone is a feat of endurance and strength among its leaders.
07/07/2020 - 10:08
AFireHawk : It has been several years since I have checked on you guys how is everyone doing? I see DK is still around. I doubt very many people remember me from kicking ass in RA2 and Yuri's...
07/07/2020 - 10:07
[BBF]hisgun : Me again! July Roll Call is posted, please do like it says for the June Roll Call below..... that was easy.
07/01/2020 - 05:55
[BBF]hisgun : June Roll Call is posted. Near the top of any forum is the Roll Call Announcement. Click on the Red "Read More" then on the page that comes up click on the red link. Post the games you play. TY
06/01/2020 - 00:15
[BBF]hisgun : May Roll Call is posted. Near the top of any forum is the Roll Call Announcement, click on "READ MORE" then click on the red link taking you to the Roll call page, there please list the game you play
05/01/2020 - 21:22 1
[BBF]DarkKnight : https://www.twitch.tv/xxbbfknightxx = My Kids Stream under my name. add and follow him/me
04/22/2020 - 18:07
[BBF]hisgun : That would be cool, I am not in charge of that area. lets hope we do, I those were my first real games, loved Command and Conquer Renegade. Good to see you alive and kicking.
04/05/2020 - 01:18 1
[BBF]DarkKnight : we adding command and conquer remastered when it comes out? :)
04/02/2020 - 11:08
[BBF]hisgun : February 2020 Roll Call is posted please click on "READ MORE" in the Announcement near the top of all forums and follow the link. Thank You.
01/31/2020 - 22:35
[BBF]hisgun : Yes Roll Call was a little late Again. Please click on "READ MORE" on the Announcement near the top of all forums and follow the link. Thanks
01/08/2020 - 06:06

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You can't do that: Yet?

• [BBF]Mr_DuCe
  • [BBF]Mr_DuCe's Avatar Topic Author
  • First Sergeant
  • First Sergeant
  • Thank you received: 0

You can't do that: Yet? was created by [BBF]Mr_DuCe

So here I was, hanging out in skyblock! WOW I CAN GET COOL STUFF BY DONATING? nope...
I CAN CHANGE BIOMES?!?!? nope...

I submit to the upper chain that prior to adding new features, you insure the following:

1. You know what you are doing
2. You have enough time to finish all work needed to install -> Test -> Beta Test -> Stress Test
3. Do not install half completed addons and say "well that's the best I can do for now, i'll finish it later"

The server and how it is ran/maintained is the first thing people see when they look at BBF Minecraft division, when you provide a service that is not fully functional, it says that you are not ready to compete with other servers.

You expect donations, but what is it we are paying for?
Half completed work with addons
No moderator presence
Little to no Administration presence

I understand there is a list of excuses to be had regarding why the server is in its current state, but there seems to be a contagious "I don't have time" bug spreading through the chain of command here. I know I sound harsh and rude, but I have a vested interest in this division considering I have made friends here and have been part of the administration of the division. It pains me to see how low the population is, how archaic the server is now with all these different worlds, FFS I had to be TPd to one world to TP to another to TP to my skyblock, which now I rest at in fear I will not be able to get back.

In conclusion, ya'll need a kick in the pants to get things going again. You all have the capabilities to do better than this and I feel you just lack the will to push forward and bring BBF into the playing field with other large MC clans.

*drops mic*
[align=center:26ijt78y][font=arial:26ijt78y]In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.[/font:26ijt78y][/align:26ijt78y]
19 Jul 2014 13:01 #51516
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by [BBF]Chaser on topic You can't do that: Yet?

This is going to be extremely hard to reply to and no get angry over some of the comments made.

So let me first break down your post and try to explain without pushing full blame on others.

So here I was, hanging out in skyblock! WOW I CAN GET COOL STUFF BY DONATING? nope...

This i do blam on the developer. The Skyblock GUI is 100% non configurable at the moment. So what you see is what he put their and yes some of the features seem cool and great but we have no way of configuring them. And yes this is by far the best SkyBlock plugin i have managed to find.

I CAN CHANGE BIOMES?!?!? nope...

This is my fault because i haven't added the permissions to allow Biome changes. This was in part because i wanted to see if it was possible to complete all the challenges without changing biomes so we can add some permissions to those who donate. For example if you dont donate then you might be able to change from 1-3 different biomes however if you donate you can have access to all of the biomes.

I submit to the upper chain that prior to adding new features, you insure the following:

1. You know what you are doing
2. You have enough time to finish all work needed to install -> Test -> Beta Test -> Stress Test
3. Do not install half completed addons and say "well that's the best I can do for now, i'll finish it later"

Alright so this is what gets me.
1. Really? You know that i am the sole back end manager of all of our servers and have been for years now. I have tought many others to do the things i can do and they were good at it however they left for their own personal reasons and when they return they wonder why the work that should take 5 people isn't done when only 1 person is doing it.
2. Yeah your right it would be nice to have all the time in the world however i have a 40 hour a week job, a 3 year old son, two dogs that need walks, i also run and manage the entirety of clanbbf.com's back end, i also have a house and yard that need maintained as well as many other responsibilities i must do.

Also if you have read some of the most recent posts regarding the server state you will know that myself as well as the MC staff are looking at starting a new server and making sure its 100% before launch however this project may not start until late Auguest.

3. I have never said "Thats all i can do for now". I have said that if their is an issue to please report it to myself so i can fix it. I have been very busy latley and have not gotten the opportunity to fix some of the issues however and i have also not received any complaints.

The server and how it is ran/maintained is the first thing people see when they look at BBF Minecraft division, when you provide a service that is not fully functional, it says that you are not ready to compete with other servers.

I agree 100% and that is why the new server will be 100% complete before even launching so when it does launch we can address issues as they come up not days later because were working on something else. This will take time and includes makign sure the voting sites are up and up to date as well as any help pages that we might need.

You expect donations, but what is it we are paying for?
Half completed work with addons
No moderator presence
Little to no Administration presence

I dont expect donations at all honestly. When i decided to go to the new host with more servers and better service i weighed the chances of me having to pay for the server each month. I looked at my finances and said sure looks like i might be able to squeeze that cost in if i had to. Thankfully i dont always have to because i have kad and taken who help a ton financially.

FFS I had to be TPd to one world to TP to another to TP to my skyblock, which now I rest at in fear I will not be able to get back.

You aren't going from world to world your going from server to server. I am planning to add the compass from the hub to every server however people still can figure out how to use the compass so i also will be adding commands to simply tp to /skyblock or /towny just like you can go to the hub by typing /hub.

The changes i have in my head take time and i know you understand that. I am sorry to everyone for being unreachable the last few months and unable to do much work but that's life its unfortunate i know however i am trying very hard to promote the BBF brand on all fronts.

All i ask is give me time i am hoping to have a game plan set in stone before to long for the new up and coming servers.
19 Jul 2014 13:58 #51520
  • [BBF]Mr_DuCe
  • [BBF]Mr_DuCe's Avatar Topic Author
  • First Sergeant
  • First Sergeant

Replied by [BBF]Mr_DuCe on topic You can't do that: Yet?

I would like to point out that I at no time made this about [BBF]Chaser.
[align=center:26ijt78y][font=arial:26ijt78y]In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.[/font:26ijt78y][/align:26ijt78y]
19 Jul 2014 14:23 #51528

AKA

[BBF]Chaser
[BBF]Kad333
[BBF]MtdewMan
[BBF]Takenhell
[BBF]C5mith
[BBF]Monster6698

I know this isn't "about" me however i am part of that upper chain you mentioned so even if it isn't about me it is directed towards myself and those mentioned above.

I dont take this as a personal attack by any means it just upsets me that instead of PM'ing myself or the upper chain you decided to in a way bash us on the forums.

If i could i would do anything to make the server a better place however right now i just cannot and i hope you and anyone else reading this can understand.

The MC server is my baby and i have seen 3 great GC's walk away from it and i was the one to pick it back up. I am not going to allow that to happen again i am here for the long haul.

I have learned some of my personal inefficiencies within the years i have worked on the server and have became more and more open to new things and stuff outside the box.

If you want to help make future changes please visit this thread and make suggestions.

http://www.clanbbf.com/forums/showthread.php?11495-It-s-your-server-use-it-how-you-want-to
19 Jul 2014 14:34 #51529

Replied by [BBF]DetroOps on topic You can't do that: Yet?

[BBF]Chaser;51529 wrote: AKA

[BBF]Chaser
[BBF]Kad333
[BBF]MtdewMan
[BBF]Takenhell
[BBF]C5mith
[BBF]Monster6698

I know this isn't "about" me however i am part of that upper chain you mentioned so even if it isn't about me it is directed towards myself and those mentioned above.

I dont take this as a personal attack by any means it just upsets me that instead of PM'ing myself or the upper chain you decided to in a way bash us on the forums.

If i could i would do anything to make the server a better place however right now i just cannot and i hope you and anyone else reading this can understand.

The MC server is my baby and i have seen 3 great GC's walk away from it and i was the one to pick it back up. I am not going to allow that to happen again i am here for the long haul.

I have learned some of my personal inefficiencies within the years i have worked on the server and have became more and more open to new things and stuff outside the box.

If you want to help make future changes please visit this thread and make suggestions.

http://www.clanbbf.com/forums/showthread.php?11495-It-s-your-server-use-it-how-you-want-to

Well I don't want to come into a love debate here, but let me just say something,

Chase: I have offered myself as a personal slave, many times, I know the ins and outs of a minecraft server, and you know this.
Let me just list all of my qualifications:

1. Bubbacraft - 100 player server I was Lead Admin on, Managed all plugins (Added them, tested them, fixed them accordingly, made sure they were server ready, THEN added them to the server) I did most of the testing and fixing on my own personal machine.
2. VisionPVP and RetaliationPVP. Servers I have owned BY MYSELF, no help with plugins, only moderators who watched the game. I did all plugin work myself, (over 50 plugins) which you even saw yourself.
3. (This isnt about minecraft but) I'm on summer vacation until August 25th, MEANING, I have time to do a lot of server work for you IF I WAS GIVEN THE CHANCE.

*Note all servers I listed are not active anymore, therefore, I am no advertising any server. There are servers I have managed that are still up, and I will not give their name on the forums due to advertising reasons.

Therefore,
You don't need to train me, and I can be your personal Minecraft slave, until August 25th.

I don't mean this in anyway to be an attack to you, but all of what I said is true, and you know it is.

-Detro

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

19 Jul 2014 15:22 #51534

[BBF]DetroOps;51534 wrote: Well I don't want to come into a love debate here, but let me just say something,

Chase: I have offered myself as a personal slave, many times, I know the ins and outs of a minecraft server, and you know this.
Let me just list all of my qualifications:

1. Bubbacraft - 100 player server I was Lead Admin on, Managed all plugins (Added them, tested them, fixed them accordingly, made sure they were server ready, THEN added them to the server) I did most of the testing and fixing on my own personal machine.
2. VisionPVP and RetaliationPVP. Servers I have owned BY MYSELF, no help with plugins, only moderators who watched the game. I did all plugin work myself, (over 50 plugins) which you even saw yourself.
3. (This isnt about minecraft but) I'm on summer vacation until August 25th, MEANING, I have time to do a lot of server work for you IF I WAS GIVEN THE CHANCE.

*Note all servers I listed are not active anymore, therefore, I am no advertising any server. There are servers I have managed that are still up, and I will not give their name on the forums due to advertising reasons.

Therefore,
You don't need to train me, and I can be your personal Minecraft slave, until August 25th.

I don't mean this in anyway to be an attack to you, but all of what I said is true, and you know it is.

-Detro

I would love the assistance and was going to talk to you anyways however right now the plan is to move forward with the next big thing. Because i am going on vacation in about 2 weeks i am very busy getting things ready and set up that is why current begin build time is set for later August early September.

I rather not start something and then have to get phone calls while im on vacation lol.

AS i mentioned ill have a game plan set soon and ill be asking for outside help as well as from our current MC staff personal. Help will consist of plugin work, testing, building, making images, webpage updating, and so on and so on. This is going to be a big project and as i said i have alot planned so we will see how it all works.
19 Jul 2014 15:36 #51535
  • [BBF]Rhett
  • Lieutenant Colonel Game Commander
  • Lieutenant Colonel Game Commander

Replied by [BBF]Rhett on topic You can't do that: Yet?

[url]

[/url]
[url]

[/url]
19 Jul 2014 17:22 #51537

Replied by [BBF]Zodiac13 on topic You can't do that: Yet?

[align=center:2lra7q9k]

[/align:2lra7q9k]
19 Jul 2014 17:42 #51538

Replied by [BBF]DetroOps on topic You can't do that: Yet?

[BBF]Rhett;51537 wrote: [url]

[/url]

loll

19 Jul 2014 17:46 #51539
  • [BBF]StorkKnows
  • Sergeant Major
  • Sergeant Major

Replied by [BBF]StorkKnows on topic You can't do that: Yet?

Mike learned how to make colors
19 Jul 2014 18:01 #51541

BBF News Archive

Site Traffic

Copyright

Clan BBF (Baptized By Fire) and www.clanbbf.com operate as a multiplayer gaming clan and gaming fansite, and are not endorsed by, or affiliated with Activision-Blizzard, BioWare, Blizzard Entertainment, Bohemia Interactive, DICE, Discord, Electronic Arts, Facepunch Studios, Lucas Arts, Microsoft, NCSOFT, Riot Games, Sony, Teamspeak, Tencent, Telltale Games, Twitch.tv, or their respective properties.

Content and media are displayed on this site for educational and informational purposes only under 17 U.S.C. § 107 Fair Use, are subject to copyright by their respective owners, and should not be downloaded, redistributed, modified, or sold without their express consent. Views and content published on www.clanbbf.com are written by individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of Clan BBF.

More information can be found at our full disclosure page.

Copyright © 2016. Clan BBF. All rights reserved.