Forum
  • Register
[BBF]hisgun : Me again! July Roll Call is posted, please do like it says for the June Roll Call below..... that was easy.
07/01/2020 - 05:55
[BBF]hisgun : June Roll Call is posted. Near the top of any forum is the Roll Call Announcement. Click on the Red "Read More" then on the page that comes up click on the red link. Post the games you play. TY
06/01/2020 - 00:15
[BBF]hisgun : May Roll Call is posted. Near the top of any forum is the Roll Call Announcement, click on "READ MORE" then click on the red link taking you to the Roll call page, there please list the game you play
05/01/2020 - 21:22 1
[BBF]DarkKnight : https://www.twitch.tv/xxbbfknightxx = My Kids Stream under my name. add and follow him/me
04/22/2020 - 18:07
[BBF]hisgun : That would be cool, I am not in charge of that area. lets hope we do, I those were my first real games, loved Command and Conquer Renegade. Good to see you alive and kicking.
04/05/2020 - 01:18 1
[BBF]DarkKnight : we adding command and conquer remastered when it comes out? :)
04/02/2020 - 11:08
[BBF]hisgun : February 2020 Roll Call is posted please click on "READ MORE" in the Announcement near the top of all forums and follow the link. Thank You.
01/31/2020 - 22:35
[BBF]hisgun : Yes Roll Call was a little late Again. Please click on "READ MORE" on the Announcement near the top of all forums and follow the link. Thanks
01/08/2020 - 06:06
12/03/2019 - 19:25
[BBF]hisgun : And you living dead that are hanging in there, Roll Call is posted a day late so I will keep it up a day longer..... sorry life gets in the way some times. Hit Roll Call PLEASE.
12/03/2019 - 02:47

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You can't do that: Yet?

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by [BBF]kad333 on topic You can't do that: Yet?

[BBF]Mr_DuCe;51516 wrote: So here I was, hanging out in skyblock! WOW I CAN GET COOL STUFF BY DONATING? nope...
I CAN CHANGE BIOMES?!?!? nope...

I submit to the upper chain that prior to adding new features, you insure the following:

1. You know what you are doing
2. You have enough time to finish all work needed to install -> Test -> Beta Test -> Stress Test
3. Do not install half completed addons and say "well that's the best I can do for now, i'll finish it later"

The server and how it is ran/maintained is the first thing people see when they look at BBF Minecraft division, when you provide a service that is not fully functional, it says that you are not ready to compete with other servers.

You expect donations, but what is it we are paying for?
Half completed work with addons
No moderator presence
Little to no Administration presence

I understand there is a list of excuses to be had regarding why the server is in its current state, but there seems to be a contagious "I don't have time" bug spreading through the chain of command here. I know I sound harsh and rude, but I have a vested interest in this division considering I have made friends here and have been part of the administration of the division. It pains me to see how low the population is, how archaic the server is now with all these different worlds, FFS I had to be TPd to one world to TP to another to TP to my skyblock, which now I rest at in fear I will not be able to get back.

In conclusion, ya'll need a kick in the pants to get things going again. You all have the capabilities to do better than this and I feel you just lack the will to push forward and bring BBF into the playing field with other large MC clans.

*drops mic*

Thank you for your feedback. I believe Chaser addressed most of your concerns. To address your comment regarding "little to no Administration presence:" I am playing in game almost every night. I provide assistance and support to any player on a regular basis. In addition, I enforce game rules, encourage friendly, family oriented gameplay while promoting the clan and new membership.
However, I have rarely seen you in game. Perhaps we sign on at different times and miss each other. I suppose that is a reasonable explanation for your perception of little to no administration presence...

Again, I thank you for your feedback.
21 Jul 2014 01:11 #51565
The topic has been locked.
  • [BBF]Mr_DuCe
  • [BBF]Mr_DuCe's Avatar Topic Author
  • First Sergeant
  • First Sergeant

Replied by [BBF]Mr_DuCe on topic You can't do that: Yet?

[BBF]kad333;51565 wrote: I suppose that is a reasonable explanation for your perception of little to no administration presence...

Reasonable, yes. But how does this resolve the issue of perception of new players that come on while folks like myself are on and you are not? The perception today if I logged on as johhny newdude coming to see what a 14 year old Gaming Clan has to offer is not to par with the rest..

I suppose the real question is if you and the folks behind the wheel want a server for just BBF or if you want the server to be a means to bring more people to BFF. In my personal, albeit harsh opinion, the server in its current status with the current amount of moderators and administration is not a server in which speaks BBF is a 14 year old well organized, seasoned clan.

You all can say what you will about my opinion, or assume I am rushing to harsh judgements, but isn't that the mindset of Johnny Newguy as well? Are you expecting to reach out into the community and say "hey we are working really hard to have a Minecraft server but understand I have a busy schedule and a life so don't expect it to be perfect?" or "I don't know why you're whining, i'm on all the time when you are not"? and expect that to be the best face for a 14 year old clan that has multiple branches covering different genres of online games?

Basically, I believe that it boils down to this.

Does the Minecraft Division of BBF want to run a server for just BBF members?
or
Does the Minecraft Division of BBF want to be an avenue of recruitment for BBF to bolster its ranks?

At this time, the way things look is that you want to have the Minecraft server for yourselves. I more than anyone understand that Chase is the hardest working person around, that man can run circles around all of us. He has single-handedly at times ran both the MC division and his position within the rank structure of the Clan (ALL FOR NO PAY). He is an inspiration to us all in the clan to do more, which is why I am here pointing out the obvious and apparently doing nothing more than give people a reason to snicker behind my back (which is fine, it makes me happy to know at least you are paying half attention). I just want you all to know that Chase isn't the only person who needs to be focused on the current and future state of the server, from the information I have, you all intend to implement a new server (again) and see where that goes and that is great! But what about the here and now? What about the new people logging on as you laugh at this post? All these missed opportunities show that there isn't a focus on getting new members.

*Drops Mic*
*Mic hits his foot*
*Stumbles off stage embarrassed*
*Trips over mic cord*
[align=center:26ijt78y][font=arial:26ijt78y]In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.[/font:26ijt78y][/align:26ijt78y]
21 Jul 2014 11:13 #51568

Replied by [BBF] Itchy on topic You can't do that: Yet?

Lol I don't get on the forums and in game for 1 day and all of this. Maybe I should just getaway from all of this for a few more days.

Come on now I have been playing with the way it is on the server. but now I see a few more coming back and playing it is not good enough for you guys.

Let play and have fun. I am still looking for my title for hitting lvl 1000 for my island.
21 Jul 2014 18:58 #51575
  • [BBF]Corruption_Echoes
  • First Sergeant
  • First Sergeant
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by [BBF]Corruption_Echoes on topic You can't do that: Yet?

[BBF]Mr_DuCe;51568 wrote: Basically, I believe that it boils down to this.

or
Does the Minecraft Division of BBF want to be an avenue of recruitment for BBF to bolster its ranks?

The issue with looking at recruiting this way is,
-Members are not just numbers and faceless drones to add to the community, when we recruit someone to the clan we don't want to just have another person to come click roll-call and then go back to their solo-play cave with no interaction with the guild(not naming names but we all know who this is{Not you Itchy}), recruiting a person means introducing them into our community and making sure they actually fit in. Quality over Quantity.

Even if we don't recruit a new "Member" for a month if we can make sure current member's are happy(even if their not playing MC) and we have more interactions accross different divisons than last month, then it's a good month for the guild.

edit:-(In conclusion the server exists for current members-recruiting can happen but dragging down someone like itchy's fun just to make a guest sign the dotted line is bad)
21 Jul 2014 19:52 #51577
  • [BBF]Mr_DuCe
  • First Sergeant
  • First Sergeant

[BBF]Corruption_Echoes;51577 wrote: The issue with looking at recruiting this way is,
-Members are not just numbers and faceless drones to add to the community, when we recruit someone to the clan we don't want to just have another person to come click roll-call and then go back to their solo-play cave with no interaction with the guild(not naming names but we all know who this is{Not you Itchy}), recruiting a person means introducing them into our community and making sure they actually fit in. Quality over Quantity.

Even if we don't recruit a new "Member" for a month if we can make sure current member's are happy(even if their not playing MC) and we have more interactions accross different divisons than last month, then it's a good month for the guild.

This. I agree with whole hardheartedly.

I am not looking for argument, simply stating the obvious, I should perhaps be more delicate with my words in the future...
21 Jul 2014 19:57 #51578

Replied by [BBF]DetroOps on topic You can't do that: Yet?

[BBF]Mr_DuCe;51578 wrote: This. I agree with whole hardheartedly.

I am not looking for argument, simply stating the obvious, I should perhaps be more delicate with my words in the future...

Delicate? NO, You must be a Brave heart warrior, with biceps as big as your head!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

23 Jul 2014 11:46 #51615

Replied by [BBF]kad333 on topic You can't do that: Yet?

[BBF]Mr_DuCe;51568 wrote: Reasonable, yes. But how does this resolve the issue of perception of new players that come on while folks like myself are on and you are not? The perception today if I logged on as johhny newdude coming to see what a 14 year old Gaming Clan has to offer is not to par with the rest..

I suppose the real question is if you and the folks behind the wheel want a server for just BBF or if you want the server to be a means to bring more people to BFF. In my personal, albeit harsh opinion, the server in its current status with the current amount of moderators and administration is not a server in which speaks BBF is a 14 year old well organized, seasoned clan.

You all can say what you will about my opinion, or assume I am rushing to harsh judgements, but isn't that the mindset of Johnny Newguy as well? Are you expecting to reach out into the community and say "hey we are working really hard to have a Minecraft server but understand I have a busy schedule and a life so don't expect it to be perfect?" or "I don't know why you're whining, i'm on all the time when you are not"? and expect that to be the best face for a 14 year old clan that has multiple branches covering different genres of online games?

Basically, I believe that it boils down to this.

or

At this time, the way things look is that you want to have the Minecraft server for yourselves. I more than anyone understand that Chase is the hardest working person around, that man can run circles around all of us. He has single-handedly at times ran both the MC division and his position within the rank structure of the Clan (ALL FOR NO PAY). He is an inspiration to us all in the clan to do more, which is why I am here pointing out the obvious and apparently doing nothing more than give people a reason to snicker behind my back (which is fine, it makes me happy to know at least you are paying half attention). I just want you all to know that Chase isn't the only person who needs to be focused on the current and future state of the server, from the information I have, you all intend to implement a new server (again) and see where that goes and that is great! But what about the here and now? What about the new people logging on as you laugh at this post? All these missed opportunities show that there isn't a focus on getting new members.

*Drops Mic*
*Mic hits his foot*
*Stumbles off stage embarrassed*
*Trips over mic cord*

You seem to have missed the point. You made several assertions in regards to what you assumed to be true. You spoke on behalf of all new players and members, yet your statements were not factual and were a misrepresentation of the truth. You stated , "No moderator presence" and "Little to no Administration presence," which are both incorrect and misleading.

My point is that you were not wholly correct in your statements and your views were not a accurate evaluation of all members, new and old. I understand the motivation in your rhetoric, however, disagree with your opinion.

I am the newest member/officer, leaving me inexperienced in the role/rank I have attained and unaware of the politics of the clan. I do not know the details of the clan and the relationships between clan members. I do, however, possess a moral compass and know how to treat others with respect. Your post should have remained in a private message among officers. Instead of addressing your issues and concerns to the select few who have the ability to make the change, you made an attempt to publicly humiliate Chase and the officers and garner an audience. And to top it off, you made jokes to lighten your tone.

Yes, you made your point. We hear you loud and clear.

Unknowing to most, we (officers) have already met formally to discuss and brainstorm ideas/strategies for the division, server, and membership prior to your post. We maintain an ongoing dialogue to address day to day operations of the server and troubleshoot issues as they arise.

As Chase has stated, we appreciate any feedback/suggestions and have appropriate forums for that expression. I hope in the future, you will have researched your data prior to making claims that may not be true.
24 Jul 2014 23:26 #51656
  • [BBF]Mr_DuCe
  • First Sergeant
  • First Sergeant

Mr_DuCe is just being a jerk now and missed the entire reason for the post to start with, he is now in a corner as punishment.
25 Jul 2014 11:04 #51674
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by [BBF]Chaser on topic You can't do that: Yet?

Before I allow this to go any further and our members continue to bicker back and forth I am going TiVo lock this thread.

If you indeed have suggestions for the server please post then in the appropriate thread. If you would wish to continue this please take it to a group PM.

Now saying that here is where we stand.

Are their deficiencies within the current server?

Why yes of coarse their is. No matter how hard we work or what we do their is always something we forget and/or don't have control of.

Is the current server ideal for both members and guests?

Honestly it depends and I say that because everyone is looking for something different. We will never be able to appeal to everyone's needs it's just impossible however we are trying.

Is the current server lacking admin surveillance?

Right now we have 6 people with full admin powers, 3 of us have full time jobs, 2 of us have children, 3 of us have part time jobs. We can't all be online all the time. I may not be in game often however I check the forums, my emails, and all other media's if which people can contact me multiple times a day, and when I do get online I.check the server to see who is online.

The point is yes their ate issues and yes we intend on fixing them.

Duce I appreciate you pointing these issues out and I will try my hardest to resolve all of these as soon as I can.
25 Jul 2014 12:32 #51679

Replied by [BBF] Itchy on topic You can't do that: Yet?

I have just about given up on this game. I played 2 out of the last 5 days. No one around like the old days and the one that use to play are playing more of the others game more now and even the officers are playing more of other games.
25 Jul 2014 14:56 #51681

BBF News Archive

Site Traffic

Copyright

Clan BBF (Baptized By Fire) and www.clanbbf.com operate as a multiplayer gaming clan and gaming fansite, and are not endorsed by, or affiliated with Activision-Blizzard, BioWare, Blizzard Entertainment, Bohemia Interactive, DICE, Discord, Electronic Arts, Facepunch Studios, Lucas Arts, Microsoft, NCSOFT, Riot Games, Sony, Teamspeak, Tencent, Telltale Games, Twitch.tv, or their respective properties.

Content and media are displayed on this site for educational and informational purposes only under 17 U.S.C. § 107 Fair Use, are subject to copyright by their respective owners, and should not be downloaded, redistributed, modified, or sold without their express consent. Views and content published on www.clanbbf.com are written by individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of Clan BBF.

More information can be found at our full disclosure page.

Copyright © 2016. Clan BBF. All rights reserved.